It was also the kids' first time with the new babysitter. We have a family that lives behind us with 4 girls (and a boy), two of which are in high school and the other two are in junior high. They are super nice and our kids really like them so it will definitely be nice to have a babysitter we don't have to pick up and take home! I was skeptical about having a "student" babysitting for us, but these girls are really nice and I feel like there is nothing to worry about.
My parents came over after bowling (they bowl, too) and we all had pizza and watched the Ohio State game. That's all I have to say about that.
On Sunday, we went out to Shawn and Laura's for Hayley's 1st birthday party! It's a long drive now (boo), but it's worth it to see the kids playing together and having a good time! We were even able to be outside for a little while before Ike showed up. WOW! The wind was amazing! Mike actually drove home with two hands on the wheel the entire time! Our car was getting pushed all over the place! We were worried a sign would fall off and be blown into our car! We also joked that we were going to get home and see a tree on our house, not that that would be a joke! Luckily, there were just a bunch of branches everywhere and our patio table was tipped over. We put the kids to bed in time to watch the Browns game. That's all I have to say about that.
The best part of our weekend came this morning when our weekend was extended. I jumped a mile when the phone rang at 6:15am, but it was good news! Mike did not have school today because there was no power! This meant that Markus also did not have school. Unfortuantely, Izzy did, but that's ok. I took Izzy to school and then went to work since Mike was home, that way I could be home this evening. I was still able to get everything done today, just in a different order! Hopefully, this will be a good start to the week. Hopefully.
Laura with Hayley, Rowan & Gavin, Isabella & Adriana




1 comment:
Im glad you had fun...our weekend was kind of extended, and then again, and maybe until Friday...Im posting about it :)
Post a Comment