Friday, July 24, 2009

Big Girl

Apparently, I now have a "BIG GIRL" in many different ways! Last weekend our bunk beds arrived for the girls. Amazingly enough, Adriana has done a great job sleeping in her big girl bed. She went straight from the crib to a twin size bed and is loving it. We were worried that she would never stay in it at night, but other than a few times getting up way to early (we just took her back to bed), she seems to be adjusting well.

On Tuesday evening, my parents came over to visit and before they left, my father decided to hold Adriana's blankie hostage. Now, I'm sure you remember the story about how she acts when her blankie is in the wash - she freaks! He told her that he'll give her the blankie back if she goes potty in the potty. I could have killed him! You can't say things like that and not follow through and up until that point she had yet to actually "go" in the potty. Well, she said, "come on mommy" and took me into the bathroom. I was thinking we'd sit there for 20 minutes and then she would start crying and screaming for her blankie back. I put her on the potty and she said, "I go potty just like Gavin" who she saw go potty when they were over on Saturday. Then she said "it" was coming and went!!! I started yelling that she was going potty and everyone came running in and it was all very exciting! She got her blankie back and the sucker that we had been promising her for months.

Wednesday was busy, but she did keep her big girl pants dry from dinner until bedtime - we didn't bother trying before then. Yesterday, she wore her big girl pants from after naptime at 3:00 until bedtime and kept them dry the whole time. Granted, we sat on the potty many more times than she actually went, but she definitely went every time she actually had to go. Today we're home all day and she's already out of her diaper. I'm really hoping she'll be able to stay dry all day. Yea, Adriana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipee!!! Aunt Linda