Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hot Weekend

We had a really nice, but hot weekend. Of course, the only two days of the summer that it's extremely hot, I'm somewhere on both days where we're outside and have no air conditioning! It's okay... we still had a great time.

On Saturday, Mike and I went out to Vermilion to his parents cottage. Steve had his annual party so we decided to go and enjoy the fun - away from the kids! The heat wasn't too bad out there because there was a pretty nice breeze. It was a relaxing day with friends and the beach. You can't beat that! Oh, and there was a ton of food! :)

On Sunday, we packed up the family, and the in-laws, and went out to my parents camper for the day. It was the first time my in-laws have been out there so it was nice for them to see the area and enjoy doing a whole lot of nothing for the day. Unfortunately, there was a ton of seaweed in the little lake so Markus wasn't able to do much fishing and there was no way we could take out the paddle boat, but that's okay. It was, however, very hot. There would be a nice breeze and then nothing for a while. If the breeze would have stayed constant, I would have been just fine, but instead I was pretty miserable. O well. Not much longer!

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my weekly check-up (35 weeks) and I'm 2cm. dilated and 90% effaced (thinned-out). Maybe that's a bit too much information, but it's exciting! My mom is praying I make it to my brother's wedding reception this upcoming weekend and I hope so as well. If you ask me, this bun needs to stay in the oven atleast another week! I'll keep you all updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....you are getting ready to POP!!! Next week would be nice...

Aunt Linda