We had a wonderful Thanksgiving... we went to my Grandmother's house for dinner and then came back here for pie with Mike's family. It was fun and relaxing and completely stress-free which is always a good thing!
On Friday, I had to work and then Shawn and Laura and the kids came over. The kids, all 8 of them, had a blast playing together and destroying our house while the four of us sat in the kitchen and talked. It was great! For the first time in a very long time, Laura and I were able to enjoy a cocktail, together! One of us is always pregnant so this was a special day. It's a shame they live so far away...
Yesterday we put up the Christmas tree. Mike picked up some donuts and the whole family decorated the tree while watching the grinch and listening to christmas music. It was a fantastic morning and only a couple of ornaments were broken (boo). We continued our family day by taking a trip to home depot for a few things around the house and then we started putting up some lights outside. This is the first year we've put up lights so I'm excited to join our neighbors and not be the only house without lights!
Last night we saw Shawn and Laura, again, which never happens, at Mike/Shawn's 10 year class reunion. I was glad to have someone to talk to. The funny part is, I didn't go to my reunion and it was at the same place. Anyway, I think Mike had a really nice time catching up with friends he hasn't seen for a while. However, most of the night was spent talking to the people he sees all the time! Go figure.
It looks like it's going to be a nice day again today so we're hoping to get the rest of the lights put up. Something tells me it's going to be a lazy day. I'm not complaining!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I made Shawn put up lights too! I did most of them, Shawn always convinces me not to put them up!
Post a Comment