We had a fun-filled weekend! On Friday night, Mike and I went out for our first Christmas party of the season. The teachers had a little get-together up at Champs at Crocker Park. Before we left we took a walk over to The Cheesecake Factory since we had a little money left on a gift card. It was quite cold, but worth the chill because we were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and of course the cheesecake.
Saturday night we bowled and the only reason I'm mentioning it is because Mike had a fantastic night! He had a 600 series (210, 210, 205)!!! I had one good game, but the night was definitely his!
It snowed, again, and since there was a whole 2/3 inches on the ground, the children just had to go outside and play! Mike took them out while Adriana was taking a nap because we don't have enough boots in the house... I can't seem to find Isabella's size anywhere so she wore her old ones that were a bit tight, but she didn't care. They had a great time, even if there wasn't that much snow on the ground!


Yesterday, Mike and I went on our annual shopping trip. Every year my Grandparents come over to watch the kids and Mike takes the day off of school so we can get all of our Christmas shopping done in one day. We enjoy spending the day together while getting our shopping done at the same time. It's a win/win situation! Did I mention we also do lu

nch? Anyway, there are only a few things that we still need to get, most of which are gift cards, so we are in great shape! For us, this trip is the beginning of our Christmas season because we are buying presents for everyone. Mike always says that he wishes we had more money so he could buy more for everyone. He loves buying "stuff" for people and making people happy by whatever he decides to get for them. It's not about the receiving; it's about the giving. Regardless, we did learn a little trick a couple of years ago that I would love to pass on to all of you... we cash in our points on our Visa/Discover cards just in time for Christmas shopping! We let the points accumulate all year long and reap the benefits at Christmas time! This year we saved $300! The girls were great for my Grandparents (I was a bit worried) and Isabella even fell asleep on my Grandmother for her nap! Adriana was an angel - did I just use "Adriana" and "angel" in the same sentence? I would rather her be an angel for everyone else and a little devil for me (well, I'd like her to be an angel for me too, but if it's between me and someone else, I'm glad it was for someone else!)
4 comments:
I love the picture of Isabella and Grandma! Aunt Linda :)
I'm so jealous of your shopping day!! How fun!
Gene and I use to do the Christmas shopping together when the boys were little, the biggest problem was that he wanted to play with everything on the toy shelves LOL. Glad you had a good time, Love Mom K.
was grandma really asleep?? or did you make her close her eyes too?? haha...
Post a Comment