Monday, January 26, 2009

Do We Ever Slow Down?

We had another busy weekend - big surprise. On Saturday, the D'Alessandro Family made wine. Mike's parents had milestone birthdays this year (I won't say how old) and we decided that a fun gift would be for all of us to make a batch of wine together. We knew we would need to wait until after Christmas because of busy schedules and then it was postponed two weeks ago due to the nasty snow storm. My parents came over and watched the kids and Mom, Dad, Steve, Gina, Mike and I drove down to Copley to It's Your Winery. We sampled some wines to decide which one to make (I took a sip of Mike's - boo), picked out which bottle to use, chose the label, font, wording, and topper, and then made the wine. In about 8 weeks, we will have to go back down to bottle the wine and bring it home! One batch yields 30 bottles of wine so we should be good for a while. I think everyone had a nice time and it was nice to do something together. On Sunday, my mom and I went shopping and out to lunch. Because I am a terrible daughter, I can't remember the last time the two of us spent time together without the kids. We had a really nice afternoon together and definitely need to do it again soon. Also, it was nice to do shopping without someone yelling at me that it's time to go home, or trying to climb out of a cart, or having to walk extremely fast!

We also went to church on Sunday morning and like idiots tried to sit inside the church with Adriana. Bad idea. She didn't even make it to the second reading before Mike had to go back to the cry room with her. We tried, but I think we'll just stick with sitting in the cry room or one of us will go there with her and the other one will stay in the church with Markus and Isabella. I just hate being split up! Steve and Gina came over as well in the afternoon and we all just sat around and watched the kids be goofballs. Good Times!

UPDATE: Isabella has stayed in her bed every night since last Wednesday when we threatened to take away her cartoons! YEA!!! I'm just hoping that after a week or two it will become a habit and we will no longer have to mention the cartoons.

No comments: