Thursday, January 8, 2009
Drama
Isabella is a bit of a drama queen. She always has been. This morning, around 5:45am, she came into our room crying about her neck hurting. She must have slept on it wrong and it was sore. However, you would have thought someone was killing her with the way she was screaming! I gave her some tylennol to help with the pain and she finally went back to sleep for a little while. Once she woke up it was back to screaming and crying and saying how much it hurt. I looked it up online, just to make sure I wasn't missing something, and of course the first thing I find on neck pain is meningitis! SWELL! I really don't think it's meningitis because she doesn't have any other symptoms and it said that they would show other symptoms, not just the neck pain. I decided to give her another round of tylennol later in the morning and she seems to be doing fine now. If the second dose wouldn't have helped, I probably would have called the doctor to see what he wanted me to do. Luckily it didn't come to that! (By the way, I did find tons of stuff on sleeping wrong/playing too rough, and they all said to treat with tylennol and ice/heat.) It was definitley a fun morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
that is scary....especially since meningitis can go from nothing to killing a child within 24 hours sometimes! Did she get a new pillow and maybe slept funny?
she does have a new pillow that I've already decided I'm switching with Markus' flat pillow! She's fine, I think. :)
Post a Comment