Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Potty Training Attempt #1
My first "real" attempt at potty training Adriana this morning was a big fat failure. I have to work this afternoon and Mike may keep trying, but I doubt anything will work. I just don't think she's ready for it yet. I wanted to start trying once the holidays were over and today was the first day we didn't have anywhere to go in the morning so I thought I'd try. She went 2 hours completely dry - on and off of the potty - and then went in her pants 2 minutes after getting off. So frustrating! But, we put a new pair of big girl pants on and tried again. Same thing... good for about an hour, sat on the potty, went in her pants 2 minutes after getting off. It's almost nap time so I'm just going to put a diaper on for nap and Mike will have to decide what he wants to do when she wakes up. I know better than to push a child that isn't ready, but I had to atleast try. She's been sitting on the potty for months now, asking to do so, but will not actually "go" in the potty. O well. It's not worth getting frustrated over and unless something miraculous happens tonight, I'll probably wait a couple of weeks before trying again (hoping she'll just ask one day and do it!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It'll come to her...all in time, right? I mean, there isn't a single kid in Payton's kindergarten class that isn't potty trained. ;)
We had an AWFUL time with Payton. I encourage the wait and see method. We probably won't even try with Max until he's asking to go all the time and actually making progress.
Good luck!!!! Don't you wish they were like dogs; trained by 6 months. ;)
Post a Comment