I woke up this morning and it was snowing! Wow! It's not sticking, but it's still fun to watch. I'm really hoping it doesn't start to stick because we still have more leaves to rake. I thought we would finish them yesterday, but we literally ran out of room on our tree lawn! They get picked up this week which will give us two more weeks before the next pick-up to finish up for the season. I think next year we'll have to buy another rake or two and start putting the kids to work! Markus was using a broom because he really wanted to help us get it done. He's such a big help! I'm sure he won't stay this helpful without a bribe from the parental units, but I definitely think we should be taking advantage.
We have conferences for Markus this week and next week for Isabella. I can't wait to talk to Markus' teacher to find out how well he's really doing. It's so hard getting answers out of him! Any time I ask him what he did at school or how his day was, he gives me one word answers and never elaborates. I've been told that this is a boy thing, but he used to tell me so much more. I'm sure he's doing well, I just want to hear it from his teacher!
I'm going to make a few phone calls this week and see if I can get someone over here to check out our fireplace. This house is 14 years old and the previous owners never used it! Our inspector said that it looked fine, but it would be wise to have a chimney guy come over just to make sure. I can't wait to use it now that it's getting colder so I think it's time to make those calls! Of course, we still have to get wood and figure out where to store it, but that's the easy part. I also plan on ordering a mantle this week so I can finally unpack the pictures of the kids. Why these people didn't use the fireplace or have a mantle is beyond me!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
We paid 90 to get our fireplace cleaned and inspected. Walmart sells wood, or next time you see us, grab some of ours...you will go through a lot! I think we had 6 logs in a fire yesterday... The starter blocks are nice as well.
Post a Comment