
Has anyone seen a small, black and red glove with Spiderman on it? No? We haven't seen it either. Surprisingly enough, missing socks do not frustrate me as much as missing gloves. Markus had to wear his hat and gloves last week to school so he had them in his bag. Yesterday, I noticed a glove sticking out of the side pocket of his bag and with it was the hat, but no second glove. I realize this is a very silly thing to get frustrated over, but it happened last year as well and I'm tired of buying new gloves because he doesn't take care of his belongings! Of course, he'll find it as soon as I buy him new ones because that is the nature of the beast. I told him that he's just going to have cold hands because I'm not buying new ones! (I'll buy new ones, but making him think about how cold his hands will be should be enough to make him look for it in the lost and found at school.) Just call me "Mean Mommy" - I'm ok with it!




4 comments:
If you're a mean mommy, so am I.
I starting by just buying 3 pair, because we're bound to lose them!!
before even reading the blog, I saw the title and was planning on making some comment about missing gloves....only to find out it was about a missing glove. Maybe you should get him a pair of those glove connectors...I saw them at walmart in the baby section. I bet he wont misplace them after that!
You're right, Laura! He won't do it again b/c he'll be so embarrassed the "mean mommy" is making him wear baby connectors! Good Thinking!
Elli - that's what I do with the girls and I hate that I have to do it with him as well (buying a few pairs of gloves).
Trust me you will loose many more over the yrs., especially with boys LOL. Love Mom K.
Post a Comment