Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surprise!!!

There are some surprises that I love... birthday's, husband bringing home flowers for no reason, coming home to a clean house that was a disaster when I left... all wonderful surprises! However, there are other surprises that are, well, not as pleasant... a crayon that went through the washing maching (and dryer), permanent marker all over the house, toddlers taking off their poopy diapers by themselves... all examples of surprises that don't "please" me. I'll let you guess which one WE received yesterday...

The phone rang yesterday afternoon. Markiel was calling to talk to Markus just as Markus said he would. I spoke to him for a few minutes about Markus' report card that he had just brought home, the crazy weather here (because it has given me a bad cold and he asked what was wrong with me), and our address so he could send Markus a package. I was upstairs in our bedroom, about to give Markus the phone when Mike came in and motioned for me to come downstairs. I gave him the phone, started down the stairs and noticed some "legs" inside the doorway... MARKIEL!!! and his buddy Ed - the same Markiel that was supposed to be in ALASKA!!! Let's just say I was definitely surprised.

I went back up the stairs and told Markus to come downstairs (he was still talking to Markiel on the phone). When he came down the stairs and saw his father standing there, he fell down and just layed on the stairs for a few minutes (I took the phone). He finally got up and talked to him and then went out to his car so that Markiel could give him something that he brought for him.

They came back in and we all stood and talked for a while and Markiel informed me that he would be home until the 27th (I think). It also looks like he won't be in Alaska as long as he thought, but he won't know his assignment for a while still. He put in for Mentor and Erie (and Florida and California) so we'll see which one he gets. Regardless, this was definitely one of those surprises that I'm not fond of. I understand why he wanted to surprise Markus, I just wish he wouldn't have surprised me... maybe I wouldn't have had on my sweats and looked like hell (not that I wanted to look good for HIM, but I don't like looking like crap when people come over - but I was sick!). Markus was surprised and I guess that's all that matters.

5 comments:

Shawn and Laura said...

I would want to look like poop either if an ex came over...lol

The D'Alessandro Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The D'Alessandro Family said...

yeah... it's not really he that bothers me b/c he's seen me look good and bad (I can't look good every time for 14 years). I hated looking like crap in front of his buddy Ed, whom I haven't seen in years.

Unknown said...

Eeeerrrrgggg. I wouldnt' have been happy either. But at least Markus was happy. Humpf. Hoping you don't have any more surprises coming in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

hey lady... dont know how else to get a hold of you these days, i'm not on aim so much anymore... but i'm almost postive i will be able to get you and mike tickets to the sarah brightman show on dec 2nd if you are still interested!! let me know! ( you can call me or my dad, my # is 216-849-7981)