Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend

What a nice, long weekend! The weather was gorgeous and it's a good thing because we spent a lot of time outside. On Friday, Isabella had her preschool graduation. Nothing can ever go smoothly in my world so I wasn't surprised when the battery in my camera died after only a few pictures. Luckily, Izzy's friend Ali's mom, Stacey, took some pictures for me and will be sending them to me via email. One crisis averted, but don't forget about the tornado I like to call Adriana! She needed to make sure she was a part of everything the kids in the class were doing. She even stayed in the circle with them while they sang their songs and did their little dances in front of tons of family! Oh, Ade! I was a bit embarrassed, but it was either let her do it and be happy or carry her out kicking and screaming. It wasn't all that bad, but definitely frustrating.

Izzy & Ali

Friday night Markus had a baseball game and Gina was nice enough to accompany me since Mike had a track meet. Markus did very well and surprisingly enough, the girls behaved very well.

On Saturday, I did a little running around and then Mike went to my brother Jim's bachelor party. Other than that, most of the day was spent outside tiring out the kids.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early and took a trip out to Vermillion for the day. It was a bit on the chilly side because it was so windy, but still a nice day. Obviously, it was too cold to do any swimming, but we still had a great time.

Yesterday, I did some grocery shopping (by myself) and then spent the rest of the morning/afternoon outside. After naptime, we went over to my parents house for a cook-out to celebrate Memorial Day. The kids ran around outside some more and, again, a good time was had by all.

All of that time spent outside and playing should have exhausted the kids (it exhausted the grown-ups), but they were up early today ready to start a new day. However, Markus had to go to school and I will be taking the girls to the doctor. Adriana has her 3 year check-up today, but I also needed to squeeze in Isabella because she's been hacking away and fighting a fever the past couple of days. She woke up with another fever this morning so I figured since I'm going to be there anyway, I better let him take a look at her, too. I guess we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I am convinced we live parallel lives!!