Monday, October 6, 2008

Brag Time

Markus had another football game on Saturday and this time I remembered to take the video camera. Boy am I glad that I did! He scored a touchdown! He also scored an extra point (on a different touchdown) with a quaterback sneak! I was so proud of him! Mike had a long chat with Markus a couple of weeks ago about how to act after scoring - he thought it was cool when the NFL players did a dance in the endzone. After he scored, he just ran over to the sidelines and got a drink of water. I gave him a thumbs up and he just nodded his head at me - like he was saying, "yeah, I did that, I'm bad!" It was really cute!

Later that night, he surprised me yet again. My Aunt Sherry and Uncle Doug had come over and we were all just sitting around talking when some girls from down the street came over. They "told" us that they were going to rake the leaves and that we were to give them each 50cents. It was really cute and we said to go for it (even though we had hardly any leaves). Markus asked if he could go out and help them. I told him sure, but that we weren't going to pay him (hehe). He said it didn't matter and off he went! He's such a good kid!
O, and he also did very well on his progress report from school. I think we lucked out with him!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Markus!!!

It's so rewarding, as a mom, when our kids do well. Makes up for those days we feel like a failure as a parent, huh?

Anonymous said...

Cool kid!!!! Aunt Linda