Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Great Pumpkin

We told the kids over the weekend that we would carve the pumpkin on Wednesday night since I didn't have to work. On Tuesday night, while I was working - I'm so jealous, Mike and the kids (and his mom) watched "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" while eating popcorn. It was a nice family moment that I wish I hadn't missed. So, when last night came, I was ready to roll up everyone's sleeves, throw some newspaper down on the kitchen floor, and pull out some pumpkin guts! Ok, ok, I didn't actually do anything other than take pictures and clean everyone up, but that's not the point! The kids had a blast getting goo everywhere and loved watching Mike carve our gigantic pumpkin! It was so cute watching Adriana sit there (yes, she just sat there!) watching to see what would happen! I believe last year she just sat in the high chair, eating cheerios, so as not to get all yucky! Anyway, they couldn't wait to turn off the lights and see what the pumpkin looked like with a candle lighting it up. Of course, I couldn't figure out how to turn off the flash (I still don't know how to work that camera) so there are no "dark" pictures. O well. The real fun begins tomorrow and they can't wait!

No comments: